It’s Thanksgiving Day, which for many Americans means good food and time spent with family. Or at least that’s how I intend to spend the day, but I also decided to do a quick post about what I am thankful for today. Here we go:
- I am thankful for my family, who are very supportive of me and my writing career. I think I’ve got the best family in the whole world, but then, most people tend to think that about their families, heh.
- Being able to write and publish whatever I want. This is truly the best time to be a writer, with plenty of opportunity and challenge for anyone willing to work for it. Like with most things in life, there aren’t many guarantees, but I am still grateful for this freedom anyway.
- I am thankful for my health. Lots of people in the world suffer from severe illnesses, while I have no serious illnesses to speak of. Right now I am just recovering from a cold, but aside from that my health is pretty great, which is always something to be thankful for no matter who you are.
- Living in the country. It can be pretty slow and quiet around here, sure, but there isn’t a lot of crime or danger and it can be extremely beautiful at times. While I have no problem with visiting larger cities, I think I will always live in the country in some form or another. I am just thankful for being out here
- Never going hungry. I have never gone without food in my whole life. There are a lot of people around the world today who are starving, so being blessed to live in a country where starvation isn’t a huge problem is a great privilege and honor, even if at times it doesn’t seem like it.
These are five things I am thankful. There are more things I am thankful for, but I didn’t want to spend too much time on this post because I want to celebrate today with my family. You can tell me what you’re thankful for in the comments below if you wish.